Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I fix the lights on the dashboard of my 1996 Mazda 626?

I installed a new cd player into my Mazda. The cd player is working now the dashboard lights went out. There were 3 live wires left. One of the wires read white light or illumination. The 3 live wires are now covered with electrical tape. Now the new cd player is installed. But somehow the dashboard lights aren't working neither are the gear lights for park and reverse, etc.. It isn't the fuse, I already checked that. Does anybody know what I need to do? Or have a wire diagram, I found two online so far that aren't correct. Thank-you for your help!|||this happened to me when i installed the cd player in my truck. believe it or not the problem is your headlight switch or dimmer switch. if you use your headlight switch to dim your lights then replace it, but if you have another switch to dim you dash lights then replace it instead. this will fix your problem right up.|||i would go back over your wiring for the cd player, you may have accidentally cut or disconnected the wrong wire.or you may have shorted the dimmer switch.


i have a Gregory's wiring diagram that i may be able to scan and send to you. let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment