Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I fix a right turn indicator that activates hazards on a 07 Mazda 6?

Sometime this morning I noticed that when I activate the right turn indicator it now causes the hazard lights to flash instead. Something I did wrong to cause this? What do I need to do? All 4 lights blink when I activate the hazard, through the hazard switch or the right turn indicator. Body is a 2007 Mazda 6.|||hmm possibly sounds like a shorted multifunction switch, this usually controls hazard lights and your turn signals, wipers and sometimes many other things. I would suspect this. You can also test this and see if it is shorted by checking out a wiring schematic, or if you have an identical switch, another idea would be to take and complete the circuit that the switch is supposed to complete in the right turn and if the right turn lights blink as they should, then it is a problem in the switch, if not then you have a wiring issue. also you will want to disable the air bag system most likely before you begin working on this just to be safe|||shouldnt need to fix this your car is still under warrenty take it too mazda|||Interesting.


Have you messed with the wiring to any of the lights lately?|||The best thing to do is TAKE IT TO A DAMN MECHANIC...DUH

No comments:

Post a Comment