Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I find instructions on how to replace a 2008 mazda 3 oxygen sensor?

My oxygen sensor on my 2008 mazda 3 2.3l 4.0 is out. I need to do it myself because the dealership wants waay too much money to do it. Please help! It just went out yesterday and my state inspection is due at the end of the month.|||anyone working on their car should buy a manual,,30 dollars worth every penny|||That is part of the emission control system. Look in your owner's manual and find out how long it is covered. That is a separate warranty from the standard 36month/3 year warranty. It may be covered under the special emission warranty. I would call the dealership and gave them your VIN number and the mileage and find out before you spend any money.|||You can probably find a video of it on youtube or other sites. Buying the part and seeing where it is to helps alot. You might need a 02 sensor socket though and find the correct one of 2 to replace. Then you need to go to auto part store and reset the cars cpu and drive it a while before your inspection test... good luck|||go to an auto store and purchase a repair manual.





also, what O2 sensor? the MAF in the intake or the O2 sensors in the exhaust? you might need to get under the car to fix that.|||check for exaust leaks also...it will throw o2 lean codes...

No comments:

Post a Comment