Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to replace the low beam headlights bulbs on a 2009 Mazda 6?

I have a 2009 Mazda 6 and one of the low beam light bulb is not working. ICan someone please tell me how to replace it? Thanks.|||You should be able to find the back of the headlamp from under the hood. Just grab the lamp socket and give it a 1/4 turn and it'll come right out. Once you have it out, unplug the old lamp, plug in a new one, replace the socket in the back of the headlight and you're done!





Wear cotton gloves while changing the lamps, because if you get grease or fingerprints on the bulb of the halogen light, it will overheat and fail sooner.|||The chosen "best answer" is definitely not scratching my itch. I have a 2009 Mazda 6 and my passenger side lowbeam light just went out. I had to remove the wheel, remove plastic pins in wheel well, and work at it from there. The "find the headlamp from under the hood" simply doesn't do it.

Report Abuse


|||To confirm DRG - I also had to change the passenger side low beam. After removing the fender well plastic there is a gray cap you remove to gain access to the low beam bulb. The high beam bulb is under the hood.

Report Abuse


|||Do you have a car book. If so, it will tell you how to do it. Unless it's a xenon fusion bulb, you need to have a dealer to do the job. Bulbs like these are dangerous.|||I have a mazda 3 and I had to take the whole dang front bumper off to replace the headlights with HID's.

No comments:

Post a Comment