Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How do I haul 2 sea kayaks on my 2003 mazda protege5?

I want to haul 2 sea kayaks (16ft long) on my mazda protege5. I have the factory rack. Can I just buy 4 J-cradles from yakima or thule and attach them to the factory rack? Or will I also need to buy a rack system with the bars and such?





Thank you!|||Go on Thule's website and see if there is an application. I am doubtful that it will fit directly onto the factory rack. However, on one of my Audis I had to get mounts that went on the rails, then bars, and fairing.|||You can buy a good rack at Big 5 sporting goods or put them thru back seat into trunk with a bungi cord.|||I found out the hard way that factory rails will not hold my 2 sea kayaks 18 and 16 foot long with gear. A little trailer works better and much lower than my proto5|||idk

No comments:

Post a Comment