Sunday, November 13, 2011

How many miles can a mazda 3 or 6 or just a Mazda in general average before they quit? Are Mazda's good cars?

I am trying to ask if a Mazda will do 200,000 or 300,000 or how many ever before they won't run anymore? Are Mazda's good cars and how many miles will they do before they won't run anymore?|||I'll try to answer your question the best that I can.. even though I've only had my 2009 Mazda 3 i touring value for about 6 weeks and have put 1205 miles on it(Got it with 15 miles). I gotta say, I was hesitant about purchasing this car, especially being that it was going to be my first new car and first car purchased on my own. That being said, I went ahead and purchased the extended warranty + gap insurance; ya know... just in case. Anyway, as far as the service side comes... I have a family friend who works at the dealership (Sales Manager) so.. no issues there. The car itself has driven flawless. Now, all that can change from here to say.. 100K miles... but honestly, I think that all depends on how you treat and service the car. From word of mouth, I've only heard positive feedback about the Mazda 3, and also 6(which I had considered) but went ahead with the more economical and practical choice. Only thing I had heard gone bad was a school friend of mine who's cousin had a Mazda 3, and who's radiator went bad. Personally, I think that was a special situation.. it was the girl's cousin who was careless, but I digress. Overall, it doesn't matter the car make or model.. just as long as you take care of the car and service it whenever it needs to be... then I believe it'll last.








p.s. I have a neighbor who drives a 1994 Mazda Protege, still running, even with 167,000-some miles on it. She just had a paint/restorative job done on the exterior and it's looking great!|||I can not say anything for or against the 3 or 6.


But at present I own three Mazda's, two with about 140K each. Neither uses enough oil between changes to add a quart. The clutch, water pumps have had to be replaced and the batteries. Which to me says Mazda builds great cars.


The third one has 280K miles on it and needs a new motor. It is a rotary powered car (the others are piston engined). So if the rotary engines are the most unreliable Mazda engines, it would seem that the Mazda three or six should last that long.|||How good?





http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Dri鈥?/a>





Testimonials





http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?to鈥?/a>





Warranty information is the minimal amount of service life. What has been claimed by Mazda is the Mazda 3 is a 10 year 275,000 mile car before major repairs are required.





http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2009/maz鈥?/a>





I can attest as a Mazda 3 owner, it is an outstanding car and I believe my car should last at least 10 years and/or 275,000 miles because I take good care of it, by pulling routine maintenance.


As long as you take care of the car, provided it is not a lemon, when it is all said and done, you should have a good story to tell. Cheers.|||I can't really answer the question about the mileage because mine only has 20,000 miles on it, but I can give you my opinion on whether or not they are good cars.





I got my Mazda 3 two and a half years ago, and it only had 7 miles on it at the time. From day one the thing was piece of crap. I've had it in the shop no less than 35 times. Six months into owning it my fuel pump had to be replaced, my brake's had to be replaced, the motor on my door locks died, the top part of my dash cracked down the middle and had to be replaced, I've had to have the gas cap replaced, I'm not entirely sure what its called, but its some sort of canister in the car and it had to be replaced. The car vibrates like crazy, there's this weird clunking noise that comes from the rear of the car when I'm idling at a stop light, and there is a horrible recoil when the car automatically shifts gears. My check engine light has been on no less than 6 times - I'd have to get out all of my paperwork to know exactly how many though. Twice now, I've been sitting at a stop light and the car just starts to shake like crazy and then it shuts off. I had to put the damn thing in park and restart it, meanwhile everyone is honking %26amp; yelling at me to "go". Luckily, both times it came back on, b/c if it hadn't, I don't know what I would have done.





The worst part about it is that when I take it to the dealer and try to get them to fix the problems, more often than not they give me the same stupid reason for not fixing it... "we can't duplicate the problem". Every time I go to the dealer, I take someone with me who's been there when I was having these issues, and they still pretend like nothings wrong. The only time I ever get any results is when I take my stepfather with me. The horrendous customer service makes the entire ordeal even harder to stomach. They won't take anything I say seriously, and it's probably because I'm a girl. They really love to ask me what's wrong with the car and then argue with me over my choice of words and how I phrase the problems that I'm having.





I'm a good driver and I do my best to take very good care of that car. I've never missed an oil change or scheduled maintenance service and (knock on wood) have never been in an accident. There's no reason why I should have had all of these problems with a brand new car. I decided to by a new car because I was terrified of inheriting any potential problems a used car might have. Funny how that backfired. All I have to say, is thank goodness I got the extended warranty. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.





It really sucks. This was my first car buying experience and I was so excited when I went into the dealership and was able to buy my very first car all on my own. It was the exact car I wanted, in the exact metallic red that I wanted (the year after I got mine they changed the shade of red to this horrendous orangish-red color that I hate). It was cute and perfect and fit my personality to a T. Unfortunately, looks can be deceiving. I now understand why they wouldn't let me test drive it on a main road. They drove me to a residential area and had me drive it there, so I couldn't go over 25 mph.





I'm not the only one who hates their Mazda 3 either. My co-worker's daughter has one and she's had almost the exact same problems with her's, and she even got it at a different dealership.





Long story short, I should have bought a Toyota... or even a Honda would have been better than this. It wouldn't have been exactly what I wanted, but I've never met anyone who had anything bad to say about their Corolla or Civic. If you do get the Mazda 3, I sincerely hope your experience is much better than mine, because I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.





I do want to add, that I have had rented several Mazda 3's when my car was being worked on (luckily I got a rental package, so I don't have to pay for it every time, just the 20.00 insurance, so they don't go through my insurance carrier if there's an accident). I was told that they were 2007 and 2008 models. They did drive very well and so much better than mine. My car is the 2006 model. If I had waited 2 months the 2007's would have been on the lot, and maybe things would have been different. Maybe it took them a couple of years to work out all of the kinks, I don't know. What I do know is I'm miserable and hope that no one else has to deal with the same problems I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment