Sunday, November 13, 2011

What is the best year of used Mazda Miata?

I want to buy a used Mazda Miata and it seems the 1997's and 2000's are more wanted than the 1999's. I know they didn't make a 1998. And all models before 1997 have a lower reliability rating so I want to go with either 1997 or newer. Any thoughts? Did the 1997 not have a leather seat option? It seems all the pics I've seen of them have cloth seats. I want leather, all power and I like the tan interiors.|||I like the earlier NA models with the retractable headlamps (barn doors) better than the newer style. The 90-93 model Miata's had a 1.6L engine and the earlier 90-91 versions had a problem with the short nose crankshaft. I have a '92 with a limited slip differential and love it.





94 and up models have a 1.8L engine with more horsepower and there are a few more braces to make the car more rigid. While the 1.8L may have more power I personally think the 1.6L is more fun to drive like a real roadster.





There are many special edition models that I like especially the 1999 10th anniversary edition which is one of the better looking models in my opinion.





The new MX-5 is pretty sweet too if you have money for a brand new one.





No matter which one you get you will love it. They all have their own personality and you instantly become friends with about 700,000 other miata drivers.|||anything whith low milleage|||Except for 03, the Mazda Miata has been given a "Much better than avg" rating by Consumer Reports for all years since 99. For 03, it recieved a "Better than avg" rating. I think its safe to say that the mx-5 has generally been a very reliable car, and makes a top choice for a used car.





I have seen 1999 models with tan leather, so I imagine they were offered for all the model years since then.|||I would go with an 05 bc its got a nicer look and its got the rear glass instead of plastic|||I just bought a '94 for my wife (and for me too :oP)


Do your research. This red '94 has the C package, which means all power + leather tan seats. take a look at www.miata.net.


I think NA models (1988 to 1994) are better since the body is more classic.


...In any case, just a thought if you were changing on earlier versions.


PS: options for 1994 were abs, mss audio system|||I would go with 2003 or later just because of the permanent glass rear window. The newer cars have more options, more power, come in nicer colors, and have the leather seating option. Just get a low mileage unit that has never been wrecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment